Thursday, September 15, 2016

Dry Brushing and It's Amazing Benefits

I love to dry brush before a shower anytime I think about it. It is so invigorating and I just love the immediate refresher my body feels! There are said to be many benefits from using a dry brush on the entire body, but there is a certain technique. The skin is the largest organ in the body but also the last to receive nutrients and the first to show signs of imbalance or deficiency. I have been dry brushing for several months and I feel an immediate difference every time. It will rejuvenate the nervous system by stimulating the nerve endings in the skin. Somehow it manages to be relaxing and energizing all at the same time! It improves our pores by helping the skin absorb nutrients and gives a more even distribution of fat deposits. I have noticed my buttock region is a little tighter and more toned than before which is a wonderful benefit alone. It exfoliates removing the dead skin cells and it stimulates our lymphatic system and improves circulation. Dry brushing helps shed the dead skin cells and encourages cell renewal. The benefits are amazing for the five minutes this takes to do! When purchasing your brush, it is best to use a natural bristle brush. I personally use one with a handle but they make them without, as well. You should always put a little pressure on the body and use long, sweeping motions toward the heart. This is best for the lymphatic and circulation system. You need to be very gentle around the breast and genital regions as they are sensitive areas. I typically start at my feet and work my way up always going toward the heart.  The skin afterwards should be pink in color for a few minutes. You will feel immediately revived and become addicted to dry brushing as I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment